× Aenean at vel interdum nunc elit lorem id nulla nunc Proin. A. Semper accumsan Integer nisl Pellentesque In id metus laoreet dignissim vel.

irannews.ru - news №-4840134

More
1 year 6 months ago #6761 by Axetwedge
He tweets: "It is time for us to end the leadership contest and get a prime minister in place ASAP. Deng Xiaoping had famously said China should "hide its capacity and bide its time". irannews.ru The word on everyone's lips was "xia hai" or "dive into the sea". It meant quitting your old job in a state company and plunging into private business. I remember the day one of our assistants came into the BBC office, handed in his ID and declared, "I'm off to Shenzhen", the boom city on China's southern coast. On a chilly winter morning in January 1990, I stepped off a night ferry onto a dockside in the city of Guangzhou. It was my first glimpse of China. The air smelled sulphurous from burning coal. Outside the streets were a river of bicycles, ridden by workers in blue caps and Mao jackets. Occasionally the bicycles parted for a wheezing bus or official car. This was unprecedented in the post-Mao era. Bo launched a ruthless anti-corruption campaign, netting hundreds of criminals, businessmen, politicians and police. He built lavish infrastructure, including public housing. Strangely he also revived "red culture", requiring everyone to learn Mao-era songs praising the Communist Party. Many were terrorised by Bo's rule, but he was wildly popular with the working class. Prof Mandane-Ortiz said her initial request had been for students to make a "simple" design out of paper. "Each night after midnight people would start sharing video clips on social media," my Shanghai friend recalls. "They expressed their anger at the Communist Party, even at the very top leaders. They talked about how heartless and cruel this system has become." Gadfly was mobilised in March and isn't a professional soldier. His country has the current momentum, but he thinks they can only fully force Russia out if the West continues with its military support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.414 seconds